Food Network South Beach Wine & Food Festival Presented by FOOD & WINE
Announces 2013 Event Line-up
– MasterCard® Cardholders Get Presale Access Starting Monday, October 8th –
Miami Beach, Florida Going into its 12th year, the Food Network South Beach Wine & Food Festival presented by FOOD & WINE is pleased to unveil its program of events for the 2013 edition. Recognized as America’s most prestigious gourmet gathering, the Festival is also happy to offer MasterCard® cardholders exclusive presale access to its line-up of events starting Monday, October 8, 2012. Taking place February 21 – 24, 2013, the Festival has raised approximately $17 million to date for the Florida International University (FIU) Chaplin School of Hospitality and Tourism Management and the Southern Wine & Spirits Beverage Management Center.
“We’re excited to share an extraordinary line-up with our fellow wine, spirits and food enthusiasts around the globe,” said Festival Founder and Director Lee Brian Schrager, who also serves as Vice President of Corporate Communications & National Events at Southern Wine & Spirits of America, which hosts the Festival. “Each year we strive to bring attendees access to exclusive experiences. To continue this tradition, we’re pleased to partner with MasterCard®, the leaders in ‘priceless’ experiences, as our official card and a platinum sponsor.”
Mark your calendars: MasterCard® cardholders can get tickets for the 2013 Festival beginning Monday, October 8 at 9:00 AM (EST) through Sunday, October 21 online at www.sobefest.com or by calling 877.762.3933 (phone sales open Monday – Friday, 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. EST).
The 2013 Festival will feature a plethora of new events and an unprecedented roster of wine, spirits and culinary talent. New dishes on the 2013 menu include:
- Jiro Dreams of Sushi: Film Screening and Q&A hosted by Anthony Bourdain, followed by a Sushi & Sake Reception with Katsuya Uechi
- Garden to Glass hosted by Emeril Lagasse featuring BarLab Cocktails & My Ceviche
- Celebrity Chef Golf Tournament hosted by José Andrés at Turnberry Isle Miami
- Discover Ceviche & Pisco Sour hosted by Gastón Acurio & Laurent Tourondel
- Chicken Coupe hosted by Andrew Carmellini
- Taste & Toast with Target, and so much more!
Passionate foodies looking for a one-of-a-kind dining experience can choose from a variety of options with renowned culinary talent. The weekend begins with Best of the Bay hosted by Michael Mina with Tyler Florence, Nancy Oakes, Richard Reddington & Thomas McNaughton sponsored by Far Niente Wine as well as NIGELLISIMA Dinner hosted by Nigella Lawson with Andrew Carmellini and the Carnivorous Dinner hosted by Michael Symon, Tribute Dinner honoring Nobu Matsuhisa and Moët Hennessy’s Christophe Navarre with Mistress of Ceremonies Martha Stewart, and Southern Kitchen Brunch hosted by Trisha Yearwood are additional examples of the unique culinary possibilities found in the 2013 Festival program.
The Festival brings back its classics too, including:
- Moët Hennessy’s The Q hosted by Paula Deen and Sons presented by Omaha Steaks sponsored by MIAMI magazine
- Amstel Light Burger Bash hosted by Rachael Ray presented by Pat La Frieda Meats & Diet Pepsi
- Fontainebleau Miami Beach presents Wine Spectator’s Best of the Best sponsored by Bank of America
- Florida Blue presents Fun and Fit as a Family featuring Kellogg’s Kidz Kitchen
- Dolce Brunch hosted by Daniel Boulud
- Barilla Interactive Lunch hosted by Debi Mazar & Gabriele Corcos
- Thrillist’s BBQ & The Blues hosted by Geoffrey Zakarian
- Swine & Wine hosted by Michelle Bernstein presented by Pat La Frieda Meats, and more!
Signature white tents stretching between 10th Street and 13th Street off Ocean Drive will once again be home to the epitome of all tasting events – the Whole Foods Market Grand Tasting Village featuring star-studded KitchenAid Culinary Demonstrations and the MasterCard® Grand Tasting Tents, which will showcase offerings from 40 different restaurants and more than 80 wine, spirits and non-alcoholic beverage suppliers from the Southern Wine & Spirits of Florida portfolio.
The intimate experiences offered by the Bank of America Lifestyle Seminars and Wine Spectator Wine Seminars also return and will feature the best winemakers, mixologists, restaurateurs, chefs, and culinary personalities in the business.
General public ticket sales open on Monday, October 22, 2012. Stay up-to-date with the excitement by following the Festival at www.Facebook.com/SOBEWFF or follow founder and director Lee Brian Schrager atwww.twitter.com/Lee_Schrager.
About the Food Network South Beach Wine & Food Festival presented by FOOD & WINE
All proceeds from the Festival benefit the students of the Florida International University Chaplin School of Hospitality and Tourism Management who also assist Festival organizers with sponsorship fulfillment, restaurant and exhibitor recruitment, logistics, and inventory as well as working alongside some of the world’s greatest celebrity chefs and winemakers.
The Food Network South Beach Wine & Food Festival presented by FOOD & WINE is produced by Florida International University and Southern Wine & Spirits of Florida with the support of the Miami Beach Visitors & Convention Authority and the Miami-Dade County Department of Cultural Affairs. For more information about the Festival, visit www.sobefest.com or call 877-762-3933. For more information about Florida International University visit www.fiu.edu, for the School of Hospitality and Tourism Management visit www.hospitality.fiu.edu and for more information about Southern Wine & Spirits visit www.southernwine.com.